Posts for tag: Tooth-Colored Fillings
Need dental fillings? You can have a healthy, natural-looking smile with tooth-colored fillings, whether they are used to treat cavities or repair damaged teeth. Central Valley Dentist, which has offices in Manteca, CA, and Stockton, CA, is headed by Dr. Rujul Parikh and offers a full range of dental services. Noted as being one of the finest dentists in Manteca, Dr. Parikh can provide you with the below benefits of tooth-colored fillings.
1. Beautify Your Smile- Amalgam fillings are less popular than tooth-colored fillings because of their silver-like appearance. Tooth-colored fillings are made of a tooth-colored glass and plastic mixture. Your dentist can closely match the color of your fillings to the color of your teeth. Once your dentist completes your fillings, they will look natural and won't be noticeable when you smile or talk.
2. Treat Dental Cavities- Tooth-colored fillings are used to repair teeth that have cavities. Cavities, also called tooth decay, are holes in the teeth. Causes of tooth decay include drinking sugary beverages, frequent snacking, and poor oral hygiene. Untreated cavities can cause infection, tooth pain and tooth loss.
3. Repair Fractured Teeth- Tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair fractured teeth. Chipping or cracking a tooth is a common problem. An accident, sports injury, or chewing something hard can cause a tooth to break. A tooth-colored filling can make your broken tooth look whole and healthy again.
4. Fix Worn-Down Teeth- Tooth-colored dental fillings are used to fix worn-down teeth. Tooth wear is caused by eating foods that have a high acid content, tooth grinding, and brushing aggressively. Tooth-colored dental fillings are less likely to wear down than tooth enamel.
5. Strengthen Your Teeth- Dental fillings may last many years, but eventually, all fillings need to be replaced. Tooth-colored fillings are incredibly strong and will restore full function of your damaged or weakened teeth. Tooth-colored fillings can be used on your front teeth or back teeth. They can be expected to withstand biting and chewing forces well.
If you need dental fillings, why wait? We can help you today. Call Central Valley Dentist at 209-825-1030 today to schedule a dental appointment in Manteca, CA. Call 209-955-1800 to schedule an appointment in Stockton, CA. Tooth-colored fillings will do you and your smile a world of good.